|Miners, motmots and tinamous…oh my. I have been dreaming more and more about birding Peru this coming June and July. Mirages of giant otters and Hoatzin dance in my head nightly. To satiate this tropical hungry, I have been consuming YouTube videos at an incredible rate. There are many fine videos from various birders as they have toured this wonderful country. It is invaluable to see the places that I am going to visit and the species I plan to observe. I think that seeing a creature in motion with audio is critical to solid identification.|
The Best Peru Birding YouTube Channels and Videos
- Birds of Peru – Many HD videos of birds of Peru and around the world – GREAT!
- Jan van Bekkum – Video clips of his trip to Peru
- kblomer – 13 videos of a great birding trip to Peru – they went with Gunnar and Kolibri Expeditions
- Birding in the Pantanos de Villa – Great video from a great birding spot
- TVArtZ – Footage from a trip based out of Lima
- Random Original Wildlife Videos – Videos of individual Peruvian species
I cannot wait for my upcoming in June with Kolibri Expeditions and Gunnar Engblom. I will be visiting the Manu lowlands for 8 days, and hope to see a great number of the terrific species that live there. You can join me on this trip or book your own with Gunnar here.